Monday, September 26, 2016

Final Fabric Drawing


1. Yes, I used a wide range of values. It's evident through the different shades of charcoal I used. As you can see some parts are lighter and then darker than others.
2. My practice studies with values really contributed to the outcome of my final piece. Learning what does and doesn't look right when it comes to shading played a major part. If I hadn't practiced shading in my practice drawings then it wouldn't have came out like this in my opinion.
3. When it comes to the blending and transitions of the fabric it varies. In some sections (the curves) I had to put more pressure on the charcoal pencil I was using. In other parts I had to lighten up so that you could see where the light was hitting.
4. Interpretation of texture is an essential to capturing the look of the object because if you don't pay attention to the light and dark spots then you can't fully create the image you want to. You have to look at every single detail.
5. If I could go back and do something differently I wouldn't have pressed down on my charcoal pencil originally. I had to go back and erase a lot because I realized it was too dark. Next time I will gradually build the values in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment