Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Final Still Life



1.       Describe the craftsmanship of your drawing.  (Is it clear, clean edges, blended well, smudges, defined space, etc.) The picture is very soft. I did not add a lot of dark spots which caused the whole feel of it to be light. Although it was light, I feel like it was well blended, especially the bottles.
2.      Are your values and shadows realistic? How many values did you include? How and why are values important? The values and shadows are realistic. I didn’t use as many values as I probably should have and it is something I regret because I think I could've made it darker
3.      Is there a clear source of lighting? Yes, I clearly show where the light is coming from because of the highlight on the glasses.
4.      How important were the compositional sketches? Explain. The compositional sketches were extremely important. If it weren’t for those, I wouldn't truly know how I was going to set up each picture, whichever I chose to draw.
5.      How is your final drawing successful? It is successful in the sense that I got the proportions correct. I feel that that is a major component when trying to recreate a real life look. I could've made the image darker with more variations of value but besides that I think I successfully did this project.
6.      Are the proportions, structure and perspective of the subject correct? Yes, the proportions, structure and perspective are correct. The glasses are well rounded and you can see through them, just like you can in real life. The perspective in my opinion is correct because behind everything you can see the faint image of cabinets and that is how I saw it from my own perspective.
7.      Does the placement & grouping of objects create a pleasing arrangement (composition)?
Yes, the placement and grouping of objects create a pleasing arrangement. If it doesn't appeal to the eye then it isn't exactly pleasing. You have to make sure things are too clustered on the page.
8.     Is there a center of interest and is it well located? The center of interest is in the heart of where all the objects are mainly located. This is where the eye is most drawn to because of the fact that it has a lot of things to look at. You have the medium size mason jar, the leaves that come out of the mason jar, the larger bottle, and the bucket that is off to the far right.
9.      How well did you manage your time and resources throughout the process of creating this drawing?  Do you see where you could improve in this area? I think I managed my time really well but at the same time I think I finished the project too fast. The fact that I could have added way more values and I had enough time to do so but I didn’t tells me that I finished too fast.
10.  What challenges did you encounter during this project and how did you overcome them? The main challenge that I came across was adding value. I didn't want to make the objects too dark because I have a tendency of going too dark and then regretting it and having to erase a lot. I wanted to avoid that but in doing so I failed to add a great amount of value.
11.   What have you learned drawing a still life? I learned that the three most important things to do when drawing a still life is that you have to make sure the proportions are right, there are a lot of values, and the perspective has to be correct.    

No comments:

Post a Comment