Monday, October 31, 2016

Look At That View

  1. Describe how you created an interesting point of view? Was it successful? Why or why not? I created an interesting point of view by showing what it looks like to go down a water slide in first person perspective. I think the actual look of the waterslide was successful because it transitioned from dark to light which is actually what its like in a water slide. 
  2. Why is it important to understand perspective and how to draw it? It is important because if you don't understand perspective then it is hard to recreate it on paper and make it look realistic. 
  3. How were the colored pencil exercises important in the success of your piece? They were important because if I had not practiced and experimented with using the colored pencils then I don't think I would fully know how to use them and blend them together. 
  4. Describe the craftsmanship of your colored pencil. What techniques were used? (How well the project is technically crafted). As I got deeper into the water slide I made sure it the image got lighter because realistically that is how water slides are. I wanted to drown out whatever would be a background image so I made it black. Last but least with the legs they transition into disappearing because I wanted to show that they are under water.
  5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain. I think I was able to achieve depth in these ways. The way the water is moving and the curve further down the waterslide really bring out the middle ground and back-ground. Also, the way the legs are positions help add to the depth. 
  6. Explain your experience with colored pencil and the project in general. What were the obstacles and advantages? The obstacles with this project would definitely be the ability to add value with the color pencils. I still don't think I have that down but if I continue to practice I will be able to get there. The advantage would be that you can bring the images to life with color.
  7. Looking back on the progression of this project what skills, techniques or other information would you like to have been taught? Do you feel you were prepared for this project? would've liked to have been taught more about how to blend and add depth using the colored pencil. Other than that I feel as if I was prepared for this project. The perspective practices that we did helped out with this project.




No comments:

Post a Comment