Thursday, January 5, 2017

Colored Pencil/ Pastel Opacity Project

  1. Describe the craftsmanship of your drawing. (Is it neat and well executed?) The drawing was neat and well executed because of the crisp lines and different colors used. 
  1. Describe how your background choices help unify the three artworks and tie them together as one piece of art. The background allows the colors to mesh well together. If I would have used another background I don't think this would've turned out as well as it did.
  1. Describe your choice of colors/color harmonies and how you used them throughout the artwork. I chose to use a bright pink colored pencil for the outside portion of the barbie box because it brings attention to what's actually inside of the packaging. The different colors used for the outfit of the basketball player draws attention to her because it stands out from the rest of the colors used. The grey is to show the shelf the barbie box is standing on.
  1. How did you create contrast in your drawing? I created contrast in my drawing by using multiple different colors. This allows the eyes to be able to first focus on the pink on the box and then the eyes will move to what's actually inside of it. 
  1. How did you use textures, highlights and shadows to enhance your artwork? I used texture in the grey shelf by putting down mini diamond shapes because that's how a lot of shelves look in stores. The highlights are shown inside of the box to add a realistic effect as if there was plastic actually there. Shadows were used behind the box to also show where the lightening is coming from.
  1. Why did you choose a particular background color to mount your artwork? I chose manila paper because I felt as if it would allow me to use all of the different colors that I did. To me it seemed to be a neutral color and that's what I wanted.
  1. Discuss the importance of understanding the media (prisma or pastels) and acquiring the skills necessary to create a successful project. It is really important to understand how prisma colors are used in order to create a successful project. If you don't know how to blend certain colors to add a realistic affect then the drawing may not come out as successful as you would've hoped, assuming you want it to look realistic. 
  1. Describe any difficulties you had creating your drawing and what you could do to improve your drawing? I had trouble making the drawing look completely realistic. I feel like it somewhat looks like a cartoon. The reason for this in my opinion is because I should've added more value to certain parts of the drawing. To improve this I just need more practice in this area. 







No comments:

Post a Comment